Cinematographer tools

Alberto Díaz

Hi, I´m not sure if this is the right section to write this. If it isn´'t, please move it!!!

I´m a student from Madrid and I have come to the conclusion that colour grad?? , I mean the "colour correction" after shooting with the computer, is the second tool of a DP, it´s essential The first tool is during the shooting: camera and lighting works. What do you think?

So I would like that somenone says me wich computer programs are better for color grading?

Does anybody knows the program called " color" from the new Final Cut Studio 2? Is it works good?

Thank you people.

Alberto .

Hi, I´m not sure if this is the right section to write this. If it isn´'t, please move it!!!

I´m a student from Madrid and I have come to the conclusion that colour grad?? , I mean the "colour correction" after shooting with the computer, is the second tool of a DP, it´s essential The first tool is during the shooting: camera and lighting works. What do you think?

So I would like that somenone says me wich computer programs are better for color grading?

Does anybody knows the program called " color" from the new Final Cut Studio 2? Is it works good?

Thank you people.

Alberto .

I believe that a photographer should be bale to creat his own look as much as he can without going into grading.

I found the grading options in final cut better than avid. i personal use final cut hd, but i've heard good things about final cut studio 2 (color).

Absolutely Robert, I'm agree with you in this : " a photographer should be bale to creat his own look as much as he can without going into grading". Sure, but I think you can do things during the shooting thinking in what are you going to do in post-production. You do the magic during the shooting, but you can't discard the post-roduction.

Do you know any other color grading programs?

Thanks man!!!

From your post I gather that you are looking to buy.

Now you could always do some colour grading in Shake even though it's primarily a compositing program. It works quite well.

Color(or Colour :P ) used to be a program called Final Touch that Apple bought last year. I've heard good and bad things about it and also I'm not sure what Apple have done with it since it was called Final Touch.

I'm mostly used to the Avid Nitris system which I really like. Not sure how many of those tools have been brought down to the lower end Media Composer and Xpress, but you should be able to do some CC in these applications also.

Autodesk Lustre and Nucoda are others, but then you would be talking a whole different league. Combustion is a more reasonably priced application from Autodesk, but again it's primarily a compositing tool.