THX 1138 Camera Question

Guest Robert Skates

Some others have hit on this...but I'll also confirm that they used the 16bl for the original "Making of...". You can see the footage it shot on the extras when viewing the 2-disc version. Also they used an Eclair for some of the THX shooting, at least. That same eclair is still in the Zoetrope studio....If I'm not mistaken, Roman used the exact same camera as the "movie within the movie" filming camera in CQ, which is an excellent film in its' own right!!!

Good ole' 2-perf...People are talkin' about it like it's 1966! Awesome. With todays stocks....! I'd cut my mother in half for a Penelope! Aww, well...

-Jonnie

Edited by Jon-Hebert Barto

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Hey Gang,

I agree with Leo about the brain's reaction. It goes farther than this. The brain seems to be able to accept great variation in imagery. However, it's not this way with sound. As anyone who has had to turd polish a sound track can tell you: Bad picture can be called art. Bad sound is just plain bad. It's a brain thing.

I am still glad to hear of the increasing approval of 2-perf. All my cheese is sunk into a 2-perf camera, and 4K/2-perf DI scan system. It damn well better look good or I've thrown away a lot of money.