how is the ANGENIEUX 12-240mm ZOOM

Eugene Sung

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the ANGENIEUX-12-240mm-ZOOM-LENS-in-ARRI-Mount? It's going to be on an Arri-S

I need a lot of zoom to shoot surfing shot for a project. The surfer are up to 250 meters away. Would this be a good choice?

What is a comparable lense to Angenieux 12-240 that you guys would recommend?

Also, would a lense of this size need extra support (Rods / tripod collar) on an Arri-S? Or can I just mount the lense on the camera without extra support?

here's the link to the lense:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ANGENIEUX-12-240mm-ZOO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks in advance

I've never used that lens.

I'd think you'd want the support. With Std mount especially.

As alternative their are the Optex Canon conversions but would be B or PL mount and cost quite a few $$ more.

-Sam

I've owned one briefly, but didn't use it, because it definetly needs support. It's at least 12 inches long, and the front thread is 107mm. It's comparable in size to 25-250 Angenieux. My understanding is, it's about the same quality as the 12-120, which can be decent if serviced. The auction price is a little high for ebay, I bought and sold mine there for around $300.

• 1 year later...

I need a lot of zoom to shoot surfing shot for a project. The surfer are up to 250 meters away. Would this be a good choice?

I just bought that lens and shoot some surfing myself. It cost me 400 on ebay, I may have commited a mistake but for Motorcycle racing, surfing, and sports that are usually outdoors but far away that 250 comes in very handy. I hope to shoot with it soon and i'll let you know.

Dennis Noyes

Film Loader

Edited by dennis noyes