Arriflex 16BL Camera Package

Hey guys

Through much deliberation, I have decided to sell my 16BL, but before I threw it up on eBay, I wanted to see if any of you were interested in buying it. I already posted it on Mandy.com's clssifieds, so I will go ahead and post in here what I said in there:

Looking to sell my Arriflex 16BL camera package, which includes the body, Angineux 12-120mm lens (w/ blimp, matte box & optical flat), two 400mags, TCS TXM-27 Crystal-sync motor, B&W video tap, battery, and cables. The camera and all parts are in excellent condition. Please email me if you are interested and I will send photos or we can set up a date and time for you to come check it out. Asking $3500 OBO.

Email at: GTerribil@gmail.com

post-9188-1178506187_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Premium Member

Gino,

Looks like a nice camera package. One thing I don't understand is the video tap. Is it somehow built into the camera? I can't see it on any of the pictures, and I see the connections coming out from under the eyepiece. How exactly does that work?

Thanks,

-Tim

I have no idea, Tim.. the guys at AZ Spectrum did the video tap. It used to have a label on there (that marked the On/Off switch, BNC output, etc), but it has since fallen off. I believe the CCD camera and everything are built into the door and the connectors are simply coming out of the side. if you look at this picture, it looks like the door is hollow (different auction). Mine is not like that- it has a metal plate covering the door (where I believe the video tap electronics are). I don't know how it works exactly, but it does. Do you want me to take any other pictures of the camera or video tap in action for you?

There was a camera collector from Pasadena who came to look at the camera and said that it was a great camera. The only thing that I did not mention, but is obvious in the pictures is that the little support for the other viewfinder (seen here) is missing. Beyond that, he was impressed with the condition of the lens and the overall condition of the camera.

Gino,

Looks like a nice camera package. One thing I don't understand is the video tap. Is it somehow built into the camera? I can't see it on any of the pictures, and I see the connections coming out from under the eyepiece. How exactly does that work?

Thanks,

-Tim