Drama/CarShots/Party - HVX/M2 Battle Footage

17.jpg

Dir. Mike Dispenza

DP. Matt Workman

DP Reel

http://www.mattworkman.com/dp-v2/work-goodtimes.html

Set Photos

http://www.mattworkman.com/2007/gootimes/

Like the title implies this short has some sexy drama camera work, some upstate NY car process shooting, and some crazy party documentation. All in one short film.

05.jpg

26.jpg

The final film will be posted on its very own website. Keep cool CINE users.

Cheers,

Matt :ph34r: :ph34r:

PS: Thanks to fellow CINE member: Dave Regan and Adam Butterworth and any other crew members stalking these forums.

• Premium Member

There's some nice looking stuff there, Matt. Why all the noise in some of the night stuff? Just super low light and you guys went with it or was it hurt by compression, too?

CHRIS Yeah the HVX/M2 is effectively 50-100ASA. So at night you can imagine... We had basically one 1.2k HMI which needless to say isn't enough. Wait until I put up the rest of the footage from Breakaway. We have some nice 500T night exterior.

ADAM What are you doing for the summer? I'm shooting a feature in NYC in July. We already have some former and currrent RIT kids working on it. I would love for you to grip/electric on it.

I wish I didn't mess up the post title. "Goot Times" sounds German or something.

Cheers,

Matt :ph34r:

Hi matt. Your pics look very impressive. How did you find working with the M2 adapter.

I noticed that when i shoot with your setup, the adpater and lens eats so much light and the blacks will become grainy.

Was focus an issue for you?

Did you have to adjust the ground glass at all?

Do you have the hardmount?

Which lens mount did you use?

Sorry to bombard you with so many questions. I'm just want to find out more on the m2 adapter from users.

cheers

Ken Minehan

Ken Mineha

My personal M2 has been well maintained and I make sure everything is running well before everyshoot. So focusing on the ground glass is pretty consistant. Back focus with the HVX is usually around MF13-14. I have the RR follow focus so pulling w/ marks is made a little easier.

No hard mount. No reason. Just haven't bought one. Nikon mount. The ONLY mount you need. If you feel like balling out of control with the M2 you should still buy the Nikon mount and get the new Zeiss Nikon Manual lenses. PL Mount stuff just doesn't seem right to me on the M2.

As for the sensitivity and the grain, just keep the camera at 0db and be ready to use a LOT of light. It always feels like you are over lighting the scene, if you are trying to expose at stop, but watch the 80% Zebras or Waveform to make sure.

Redrock is dropping some serious accessories. I'm most looking forward to the mattebox for my low budget stuff, then I'd buy some pana-sized ND grads. The MicroX and MicroRemote look very interesting also.

Cheers,

Matt :ph34r: :ph34r:

Guest Giles Sherwood

Dude, saw the flick today and it looked totally sick, especially the party stuff and the car scene with the intense jitter/blur. Gave me photographic envy :D

The only place I didn't dig the look was when the girl and Dan Stebbins go into the basement and it was this very white, flat look that didn't jibe well with the rest of the film. Also the vignetting was a little heavy sometimes, but it's the M2 so what're you gonna do?

Excellent work.