Eclair ACL and NPR

Hau-Jou Chiou

• Premium Member

The NPR has a rotatable two-lens mount, one C-mount and the other an Eclair bayonet mount (CA-mount?). The ACL has a single mount but with switchable adaptors.

The NPR also has an adjustable shutter, which I don't think the ACL has.

The NPR has a big motor jutting from the bottom which makes it heavier and more awkward to hold.

The NPR has a rotatable two-lens mount, one C-mount and the other an Eclair bayonet mount (CA-mount?). The ACL has a single mount but with switchable adaptors.

The NPR also has an adjustable shutter, which I don't think the ACL has.

The NPR has a big motor jutting from the bottom which makes it heavier and more awkward to hold.

The NPR is with registration PIN, and runs 4-40 fps, ACL does not have registration Pin,

and runs up to 75 fps,

may be NPR is heavy but also sturdy with rock steady images, and 35mm blowup prints

for theatrical release are sure advantage,

• 1 month later...
The NPR is with registration PIN, and runs 4-40 fps, ACL does not have registration Pin,

and runs up to 75 fps,

may be NPR is heavy but also sturdy with rock steady images, and 35mm blowup prints

for theatrical release are sure advantage,

The ACL was a very quiet camera, and with proper adapters one could use Nikon mount, Arri Bayonet, Cameflex, Arri Standard, PL mount or C mounted lenses,

Even without the registration pin the image is extremely steady at any speeds.

The fully orientable viewfinder on the ACL II was a great advantage, also can come with 200' magazines, great for in vehicle shoots.

Fantastic camera for hand-held work, and a very low maintenance camera too. Could be converted to S16mm and also can have a video tap fitted.

In terms of sound the ACL is a very quiet camera, and much depends how it was loaded, but with a decent barney is soundless.

good luck

Mark

Hi Hau-Jou

can you empty your inbox as I cannot sent you any messages. It's full

cheers

Could anyone tell me what the difference between Eclair ACL and NPR?

they look very similar and I want to know which one is good for recording sound fiction movie?