Video tap for Aaton LTR

Jeff Clegg

I am looking at options for a video tap for an Aaton LTR-7 (AZ Spectrum taps, Visual Products, top handle tap). Right now I am wondering what are the advantages/disadvantages to the top handle style. I believe that it does not need a pellicle (which my camera does not have)? Are there any other advantages to a top handle stlye tap? Any disadvantages versus a pellicle style?

Also I am wondering opinions on B&W or color for the tap. I know opinions on this would be subjective, but I am curious to see if anyone has any suggestions or preferences.

Thanks,

• Site Sponsor
One disadvantage, I'd imagine, would be the loss of your ability to under-sling that camera if you did the top-handle assist.

I personally would not want that big chunky thing on the top of my LTR looks to me like it makes a mess out of the nice ergo of the camera and if you can get a side/internal tap so much the better. I am fitting a B+W PAL tap to mine on the side.

-Rob-

Hello, everyone; excuse me to jump right into this thread.

I am also interested in getting a video tap for my LTR54; does anybody know how to check for the pellicule inside the camera; and if it does not have one, what are the best ( cost effective) options to get one installed; is there a way to get an after market video camera to mount on a DIY kind of project.

I have only check the Spectrum & Visual Products , video assist conversions.

With the variety of small cameras of great resolution available, I would think there are more choices.

Thanks for your input!

For a nicely ergonomic handle mount videotap, look at seriousgearco.com unit.

I checked out the Serious Gear website and didn't see a tap listed. Is there any chance someone has a direct link?

I checked out the Serious Gear website and didn't see a tap listed. Is there any chance someone has a direct link?

I just got off the phone with him on another matter. I asked about the tap and he said although they are no longer manufactured he has a couple on the shelf. Give Charlie a call and tell him Mitch Gross sent you.

I just got off the phone with him on another matter. I asked about the tap and he said although they are no longer manufactured he has a couple on the shelf. Give Charlie a call and tell him Mitch Gross sent you.

Exellent! Thank you Mitch.