Feature film dp deal memo

• Premium Member

Usually they write one based on the demands that they have agreed to, then you sign it. You don't have to type it up yourself.

Deal memos include basic pay infomation: hourly, day, or weekly rate, based on a working day of "x" hours (if there is a separate overtime rate), how many days of prep work at what rate, any kit rental, how you want your credit to read, if the credit will appear in all advertisements (this gets harder to get), access to the video master for making dubs of scenes for your reel, a DVD copy of the final project, any work guarantees (i.e. let's say you get three weeks of pay for a feature no matter what happens once you start, like it gets cancelled or you get fired)...

and if it's an out-of-town shoot, there's per diem, rental car, housing, travel days (sometimes paid as a half-day, sometimes not paid).

Dear David,

Thanks a lot for your reply, it's clear for me now. :)

A.Burak Turan

www.burakturan.com

+905322734777

Usually they write one based on the demands that they have agreed to, then you sign it. You don't have to type it up yourself.

Deal memos include basic pay infomation: hourly, day, or weekly rate, based on a working day of "x" hours (if there is a separate overtime rate), how many days of prep work at what rate, any kit rental, how you want your credit to read, if the credit will appear in all advertisements (this gets harder to get), access to the video master for making dubs of scenes for your reel, a DVD copy of the final project, any work guarantees (i.e. let's say you get three weeks of pay for a feature no matter what happens once you start, like it gets cancelled or you get fired)...

and if it's an out-of-town shoot, there's per diem, rental car, housing, travel days (sometimes paid as a half-day, sometimes not paid).