First 35mm Feature

Dear Friends!

I most recently directed & shot a 35mm feature film, titled Polycarp, starring Charles Durning and Michael Pare. It will open the Hoboken International Film Festival on June 1st, at 8:30PM. It's an outdoor screening, alla Bryant Park (almost a picnic premiere, so bring drinks + food). Following the opening celebration we'll screen the movie at sundown.

It'll take place in Hoboken, at Pier A, right across Frank Sinatra Drive, a three minute walk from the PATH terminal. This is a FREE ADMISSION screening, so no tix are needed.

This is (my humble opinion) a great example of a low budget production. Once the festival is over I promise to take time and break it down in more details, post screen shots + productions stills, and discuss the ways we went around things, for it was a great learning experience for me.

Looking forward.

george

George Lekovic

george@kinokamera.com

www.KinoKamera.com

Your trumpet must be worn out.

There's no promotion like self promotion. People who master it in this business succeed, those who don't, stay in obscurity.

R,

There's no promotion like self promotion. People who master it in this business succeed, those who don't, stay in obscurity.

R,

Thank you Richard. Self promotion is very important in this biz as well as in any other. (I also did not get "Your trumpet must be worn out comment.")

I wanted to stress that I (objectively) see this film as a good example of an independent 35mm production, made happen purely within the constrains and circumstances. By saying this I am not labeling the film as good or bad - I'm not even getting into that. As far as it pertains to this forum (from which I drew a lot of useful information) making this film was an experience I learned so much from that it would pity not to share it with others.

That is why I plan to spend some time and give more details about it, from planning to execution to posting. I also want to post few screen grabs + on set photos... etc...

Looking forward to it.

Sounds great. Wish I could see it. As usual, I'll wait for DVD. ;)

Hi Nicholas,

as I said I'll post more about the process when I get a spare minute. Right now we're talking too sales agents + dist companies, putting together a trailer, art, etc... Distribution and getting your film seen is as complex of a process as making it... it takes consolidated effort and time.

I'll post the trailer too.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...