viewing new posts

Brad Grimmett

• Premium Member

I'm having a problem with the "view new posts" function here on the forum. I'm using Firefox on my PC, and since the new look of the site I often hit "view new posts" and it tells me there are no new posts since my last visit. Well, I was just out of town for a week and came back to find that there are "no new posts". Obviously, this isn't the case. I've asked Tim about the problem and he doesn't know what it could be. It doesn't always do this. Sometimes it's fine. But I don't know what I'm doing differently on those occasions. Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions to help me solve this? Being a moderator on a few forums it's good when I can always see all the new posts, so I'd really like to get this fixed. It seems there is something slightly wrong that's beyond my scope of knowledge.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

I've mentioned the same problem here previously ...

the kicker is it usually/always happens when I come home from being out for half a day or so ... But on two occasions recently when I was away for days it worked fine ...

Another annoying 'feature' is when you navigate to http://www.cinematography.com/forum2004/ the cinematography forum section is always minimised as if 'Not Cinematography' was more important or something ...

Yet even more annoying is that (unless I am blind/stupid) I cannot find how to do a search at this page - ie. search all of cinematography.com for a subject - I have to go into the sub forums to do this ... fine if I'm searching for discussion re. a certain 16mm lens - but what if I want info on a director or brand or particular film which really could pop up in discussion in any of the forums ?

The upshot of this is many more repeat threads by people who are hindered in searching ...

My temporary solution is to go to google and type in cinematography.com and then my subject of interest ... ie. I'm justifying the advertising dollars that google are getting as opposed to those that cinematography.com might otherwise accumulate.

anyhoo - If I've missed the search function and it is there yep I'm blind but sheesh its hard to find ! make it more visible please...

anyhoo #2 >> I am not getting as much from this site as I used to since the change ... I am therefore less inclined to visit ...