How do you think they lit this set up in this video?

• Premium Member
sorry, just wondering how you guys think they shot this bit of the music video. disreguard the music , yes, not the greatest, just turn down your volume, but at 1:38 in the video, how do ya think they lit that....what units were used as well. thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUspb0gFprI

It looks to me like a single soft source off of frame left, fairly high, gelled with straw or something similar. Probably some negative fill on the right side.

It looks to me like a single soft source off of frame left, fairly high, gelled with straw or something similar. Probably some negative fill on the right side.

do ya think something like a 2k zip with a long snoot made from foam core maybe?

• Premium Member
do ya think something like a 2k zip with a long snoot made from foam core maybe?

I don't know what a snoot is supposed to do in this case. I would use the foamcore and bounce the 2k off of it.

• Premium Member

Don't you think you'd need more poop than a 2k to fill daylight ext's?

Or were there some Int. shots you were referring to? ( I couldn't make it through the whole thing).

• Premium Member
Don't you think you'd need more poop than a 2k to fill daylight ext's?

Or were there some Int. shots you were referring to? ( I couldn't make it through the whole thing).

At 1:38 the shot is a medium of the guy inside against a wall of posters. A 2k definately wouldn't do much outdoors, you're right.

• Premium Member

Most of the negative fill appears to be coming from the lyrics.

• Premium Member
Most of the negative fill appears to be coming from the lyrics.

*rimshot* Very funny.

I'm not a rap listener but rap videos are always pretty cool, or at least well made.

• Premium Member

The scene with the Game in the "room of posters" was actually two 8 x 8 foot flat walls joined together and shot on an exterior street at night. There was a BET Access Granted program on this video, which was directed by photographer-director Jonathan Mannion. HMIs were used for the day exteriors, I remember seeing several 6Ks units.

• Premium Member
The scene with the Game in the "room of posters" was actually two 8 x 8 foot flat walls joined together and shot on an exterior street at night. There was a BET Access Granted program on this video, which was directed by photographer-director Jonathan Mannion. HMIs were used for the day exteriors, I remember seeing several 6Ks units.

Cool. It's a pretty good looking video.