First Demo Reel

Hi, I recently cut together a 2 minute 15 sec demo reel that I am using right now for added leverage when I start interviewing for internships. I am a 20 year old film student at Emerson College (Boston) and although my primary interest is in cinematography, I am trying to secure an internship at a post production house which is why I added "editor" at the end of the reel. From the other reels I've seen posted at this site, I feel a bit intimidated posting mine because the quality of my footage doesn't really compare, as it is comprised of only 3 student films (2 on 16mm and 1 on DV) with some very small budgets. Nevertheless, I am still motivated to improve it but in the mean time this is what I have and I would appreciate all of the honest feedback/suggestions/comments I could get.

you can view the reel here: http://www.enzymefilms.com/erdemo.mov

Thank you very much!

Elliot

• Premium Member

Your very first shot in the reel is waaay to fast. I don't even have time to evaluate its quality before its just a flash of white and its on to everything else. I would suggest lose it or if its a really strong shot to start the reel, make it longer.

Otherwise some good stuff, I liked some of your kinetic camera work. Some of the lighting worked for me, some of it felt very sourcy and obvious.

Keep working hard!

Your very first shot in the reel is waaay to fast. I don't even have time to evaluate its quality before its just a flash of white and its on to everything else. I would suggest lose it or if its a really strong shot to start the reel, make it longer.

Otherwise some good stuff, I liked some of your kinetic camera work. Some of the lighting worked for me, some of it felt very sourcy and obvious.

Keep working hard!

Hi David, thank you for your feedback! I think I will ditch that first fast shot as you suggested!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...