Film in copenhagen, Denmark

I will shortly be flying out to copenhagen where I'm hoping to shoot a short film.

This should be straightforward except for the deadly X-Rays!

As a result I'm facing up to the fact I'm probably going to have to bite the magic bullet and shoot on video. :(

Before I totally write off the idea of film, I was wondering if there are short-ends/re-cans etc available in Denmark in 16mm?

Also what film labs there are in copenhagen.

I realise that Denmark is very much a place that has gone digital in a big way so it's probably a strange thing to ask after film there but it can't hurt to ask I guess!

love

Freya

Edited by Freya Black

I will shortly be flying out to copenhagen where I'm hoping to shoot a short film.

This should be straightforward except for the deadly X-Rays!

As a result I'm facing up to the fact I'm probably going to have to bite the magic bullet and shoot on video. :(

Before I totally write off the idea of film, I was wondering if there are short-ends/re-cans etc available in Denmark in 16mm?

Also what film labs there are in copenhagen.

I realise that Denmark is very much a place that has gone digital in a big way so it's probably a strange thing to ask after film there but it can't hurt to ask I guess!

love

Freya

As far as I know, it is completly safe to travel with film if you take it with you as handlugage. The deadly x-rays machines

are used to scan the regular lugage, the stuff you check in.

Hope it helps !

/Jan

As far as I know, it is completly safe to travel with film if you take it with you as handlugage. The deadly x-rays machines

are used to scan the regular lugage, the stuff you check in.

Hope it helps !

/Jan

I've heard horror stories of film in handluggage too but you are right the checked in luggage goes through even more powerful x-ray machines! Apparently it's very bad to check in your film with luggage.

I'm thinking that if I could process the film in Denmark then I would only have to worry about the film being zapped on the way in, which could still be a concern but...

I don't supose you know any filmy places in copenhagen Jan?

love

Freya

• Premium Member

Perhaps Kodak's office in Denmark could help you directly?:

DENMARK

Kodak A/S

Lautruphoj 1-3

DK-2750 Ballerup, Denmark

Phone: +45 7015 7000

Fax: +45 7015 7100

The x-ray machines used for CHECKED baggage will definitely fog film. Carry-on baggage has less intense x-rays, but they can fog faster films or films upon multiple passes through the machine. Arrange for a hand inspection in a changing bag.

I've heard horror stories of film in handluggage too but you are right the checked in luggage goes through even more powerful x-ray machines! Apparently it's very bad to check in your film with luggage.

I'm thinking that if I could process the film in Denmark then I would only have to worry about the film being zapped on the way in, which could still be a concern but...

I don't supose you know any filmy places in copenhagen Jan?

love

Freya

You might want to check this link out http://www.kodak.com/US/en/motion/support/...ablocator.jhtml

choose Denmark and voila!

P.S. When I ordered film from fuji neatherlands earlier this year, One of the sales person hand delivered it to

me since he was on his way to Sweden anyways. It was he who told me that almost all handlugage x-ray machines

are safe, in fact the films he delivered went through handlugage x-ray machine as well. The films turned out fine.

I wish you best of luck on your film!

/Jan