Carl Zeiss Tevidon Primes

Salvador M. Rodrigues

There was another lens manufacturer I was looking into, called Navitar, which makes "high quality" industrial lenses. The main appeal for me, is that a few of their most usable Super16-covering focal lengths were......f0.95!!!! Oh how I was thrilled! I immediately began writing them, and talking to thier techs, and having them research what the lp/mm was on those several f0.95 lenses

Finally I got an answer. Get ready:

20 lp/mm

You're talking about f/0.95 lens. There's a price to be paid for that wide of an aperture.

You'll find that usually an f/1.4 will be less sharp wide open than an f/2 wide open from the same manufacturer.

So an f/0.95...

hey folks. i just got an email from the dr optics rep. i asked how many lines per mm the current tevidons yield. his response:

Please refer to our attached brochure (R = 20 and 40 Lp/mm).

having said that i just found some cheap, and i mean cheap, machine vision c mount lenses that claim to be 100 lp/mm

ill let you all know if anybody is interested

• Premium Member
having said that i just found some cheap, and i mean cheap, machine vision c mount lenses that claim to be 100 lp/mm

Always interested in good inexpensive modern lenses that will work with the fiomo. One thing I have managed to do is end up with a few lenes designed for video camera that don't have either a focusing mount, or sometimes a diaphram. With the small image on a LCD camera, they can get away with limited depth of field, and can adjust exposure by varying the sensitivity of the sensor.

OF course I also have a pristine Sony video camera with a nice looking lens that entends way back past the mount flange as it just nicely cleared a 2/3 inch vidicon. Vidicons don't need shutters.

Always interested in good inexpensive modern lenses that will work with the fiomo. One thing I have managed to do is end up with a few lenes designed for video camera that don't have either a focusing mount, or sometimes a diaphram. With the small image on a LCD camera, they can get away with limited depth of field, and can adjust exposure by varying the sensitivity of the sensor.

OF course I also have a pristine Sony video camera with a nice looking lens that entends way back past the mount flange as it just nicely cleared a 2/3 inch vidicon. Vidicons don't need shutters.

yeah im not interested in the lenses without focus or irises. im thinking the modern schneider machine vision lenses may be the ones to have. ill be finding out details on their products soon. unfortunatly they are damn expensive new.

Hello everyone.

Well, here is some new news. Kowa has a new (or newish) line of industrial C-mount lenses called the 1" Megapixel Series. They boast an astonishing and nearly unbelievable 120 lp/mm in the center!!!!

Oh snap!

And they sell for somewhere around $300 each. They have an image circle of 16mm (so plenty good for S16), and they come in the most excllent lengths:

8mm f1.4

12.5mm f1.4

16mm f1.4

25mm f1.4

35mm f1.4

50mm f1.4

75mm f1.8

http://www.rmassa.com/manu/kowa.htm

http://www.rmassa.com/specsheets/Kowa_FA_Catalog_2007.pdf

I dont know about anyone else, but if that claim is true, and if there is nothing that is preventing these lenses from properly mounting on our C-mount cameras, there is a knew (affordable) sherrif in town, and his name is Kowa!

I had better start a new post with this same info, people are going to want to see this.

• 1 year later...