Kinetta slips slowly into the sunset?

Mike Brennan

Seem to be concentrating on the film scanners.

Although I gather there was some work going on a 4k version of the camera. However, financial backing might be an issue with RED and the SI already on the market. Although the Kinetta would be a neat camera for anyone shooting documentaries.

• Premium Member
Seem to be concentrating on the film scanners.

Although I gather there was some work going on a 4k version of the camera. However, financial backing might be an issue with RED and the SI already on the market. Although the Kinetta would be a neat camera for anyone shooting documentaries.

Hi,

Jeff K did not want any investors for his project. He was one of the first people to realise Red was real as he had received Emails from Jim, so knew who was behind the project.

Stephen

Hi,

Jeff K did not want any investors for his project. He was one of the first people to realise Red was real as he had received Emails from Jim, so knew who was behind the project.

Stephen

Jeff was always positive about the new cameras in the messages that I've read.

Hi,

Stephen

Bizarre - why would he want to finance the whole project himself?

Hi Jan,

To keep control of the project. He has seen to many 'unhappy partnerships' before.

Stephen

my respect then.

however, overcoming bad experiences is a crucial lesson in life.

and -lets be clear about that- he proposed the idea first.

however, he let the marketspace open to red.

• Premium Member
my respect then.

however, overcoming bad experiences is a crucial lesson in life.

and -lets be clear about that- he proposed the idea first.

however, he let the marketspace open to red.

Hi Jan,

I don't think making money or selling 1,000's of cameras are the big motivators for Jeff. He did not have the bad experiences in life, he learnt from others who had. When chip's are readilly available, we may hear of from him again.

Stephen

• 2 months later...
  • Site Sponsor
Hi Jan,

I don't think making money or selling 1,000's of cameras are the big motivators for Jeff. He did not have the bad experiences in life, he learnt from others who had. When chip's are readilly available, we may hear of from him again.

Stephen

As someone said on cml a bit ago you can tell the pioneers because they are the ones with arrows in their backs :lol: The "market" for D-Cine cameras is still wide open Jim J is about third in the line after Dalsa and Arri he is first to deliver a camera from a small shop and I can only imagine that others (Including Kinetta) will follow him down the trail to a production camera.

I know Jeff has delivered multiple scanners.

-Rob-

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jeff is a very smart and very nice guy. He has a lot of great ideas and truly was an inspiration for the RED Project. I don't think Jeff should ever "officially" stop his camera project. It is there when the sensors he wants become available. I'm sure his vision has progressed right along with the changes in the industry. Most likely his ideas are still ahead of what the rest of us are thinking.

Jim

• 4 months later...
Jeff is a very smart and very nice guy. He has a lot of great ideas and truly was an inspiration for the RED Project.

I posted here just three times in the few years period. but i have strong emotional need to post this message right now, after reading above (quoted) post from march this year:

Jim, i cannot express my feelings when i saw your message about Jeff. I have absolutely the same thoughts about Jeff's pioneering ideas, but when it's said by someone like you it's just amazing. i applaud you for your honesty and courage!

filip kovcin,

warsaw

poland

Edited by Filip Kovcin

• 1 year later...