used AC gear/bags

Hi everyone :D

I was wondering if anybody knows where the used gear might be found? Or maybe somebody HAS some used gear they no longer need? (nope, i'm not asking for presents, just reasonable pricing..)

In particular, i am looking for a changing TENT (have a bag... tent is kinda easier if you deal with 1000 footers..), cine-bags, slate... and other major stuff.

would appreciate any info, thanks in advance!

oh :rolleyes: by the way... anybody needs a loader or a second for the weekends in LA area? Doesn't matter if it is paying or not...

Take my advice: buy the tent new! The money you spend is peace of mind that there are no holes in it and it hasn't been through a sandstorm ;) .

And you can always just draw the slate on the palm of your hand, and use your thumb and index fingers as the clapper (provided you can make a 'click' noise in sync with your fingers closing -- just practice!)...

And you can always just draw the slate on the palm of your hand, and use your thumb and index fingers as the clapper (provided you can make a 'click' noise in sync with your fingers closing -- just practice!)...

Thanks Rory :P I can also make a huge TEXAS stick with my both hands!!! do you have a black and white paint that will come off in shower after the shoot? May i borrow some???

my only trouble ... i've been practicing clicking noise and.. the sound guys forget to pres "rec" coz they laugh so hard... %)

haha ;) yeah, thanks for the advice on the tent! I though it would be better to get it new too, but it is SO dang expensive! ... guess i will have to wait...

• Premium Member

I actually just got really lucky, and a Local 600 AC who'd quit the industry sold me all of her gear for about 250$ (all worth about 1000$+)...

So, I lucked out...

Hey, Rory ;)

I actually just got really lucky, and a Local 600 AC who'd quit the industry sold me all of her gear for about 250$ (all worth about 1000$+)...

So, I lucked out...

Hey, Rory ;)

hmm.... so nice of you to mention it.. hm.... guess i am NOT lucky... or maybe some 600 AC will read this, have some pity and sell me some stuff too!

Don't get me wrong, happy for the fella-AC ;) good luck!

• Premium Member

I bought my tent from an ebay vendor. It was brand new (still had tags) and it was about 60% of the new price on filmtools. Try ebay, just be sure what size you're buying.

I was really lucky when I started ACing. I inherited it all from my father who had been an AC for 15 years and had recently moved up to shooting and Steadicaming and kept all his gear. Have obviousley updated bits and pieces, but I often prefer the old school way of doing things and definantly love workign with old school DOP's.

JP

Melbourne Australia