consider me an optimist, but how much will it sell for

OK it is only a short show that I hope to make for Television but should a network decide to purchase my show for teenagers and they make an offer what do I say.

I really only want to make the production but don't want to go backwards financially.

Any suggestions please

Adam

TV territories buy in programmes at different rates. However, it's unlikely you'd make your money back on one sale, so you'd have to make a number of international sales to make a return. Unfortunately, I know of only a couple of recent shorts that have made a profit and one of those was 25 mins long, so it was more a one off TV drama in running time.

• Premium Member
OK it is only a short show that I hope to make for Television but should a network decide to purchase my show for teenagers and they make an offer what do I say.

I really only want to make the production but don't want to go backwards financially.

Any suggestions please

Adam

I guess if you want to sell it you say "yes".

Any suggestions please

Adam

If they offer less than it cost to make, then say "Sorry, but that's less than it cost to make. If you can raise the offer to X amount of dollars then I can at least walk away breaking even."