Can any one tell me about grey card???

I want to know about grey card. for what it is used for? And how it is used? Thank You in advance..

It's a point of reference. A starting point, as most light meters are calibrated to read "mid tone grey". Try using a spot meter reading the same light source hitting a black then white then grey surface. The end result is 3 different readings for the same amount of light. So which one do use to set your exposure? If the light meter is calibrated to read grey as your exposure value then pointing it at a deep red velvet curtain will tell you how dark that object will appear in a scene exposed for grey. If you get used to working on this Black to White linear line with your spot light meter you can really speed up your lighting process. The next step is color separation - but that's another story. My advice is master the grey card first.

consider that, if you want to use a spot meter to read a grey card in the set, you could also use an incident light meter. a good idea is read abut the ZONAL SYSTEM

a good book "mas alla del sistema de zonas", phil davis

consider that, if you want to use a spot meter to read a grey card in the set, you could also use an incident light meter. a good idea is read abut the ZONAL SYSTEM

a good book "mas alla del sistema de zonas", (phil davis)

leticia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...