Right Angle bracket (To mount camera on side) for video tripod?

mabou

Hi all,

I need to mount a Panasonic HVX-200 on a video tripod. The odd thing is, I need the HVX onto its side (Shooting in portrait perspective), AND I need the setup to handle a medium weight teleprompter.

Any ideas? Oh, and guess what... the shoot is tomorrow.

Matt

Youjust needa right angle or L-bracket. It's a big plate of metal shaped like an "L" with holes for mounting. Most decent sized rental houses have them. I don't know where you're located, but we have them for rent in our New York office (maybe in LA as well -- not sure what's in stock at the moment).

If you can get access to two tripod heads you can mount one to the other. I've done this as a "low rent" dutch head but I think it could work. Mitch's idea is your best bet. You might be able to use an L-bracket that can be purchased from a hardware store. They usually come with drilled hole or you might have to drill them yourself. Around the hole you're going to use, place some gaffer's tape to add a little friction between the plate and the camera. This will help keep the camera for rotating on the plate.