lens for Krasnogorsk-3

Stewart Munro

hey there im just got my Krasnogorsk-3 converted to super 16 and i really like to get some new lens for it.I film alot of bmx

1,where is a good place to order some lens from?

2,i really like to shot some close ups do the make fish eye lens thats will fit on this camera?

3,whats a good wide angle lens for this camera?

Hello there. If your K3 has the M42 screw mount, then you can use lenses designed for the older Pentax and Practica 35mm still cameras. These lenses are usually quite inexpensive.

1. Try the second hand departments of camera shops as well as ebay.

2. The choice of wide angle lens options for the 16mm format are extremely limited with the M42 lens mount. One of the very few options would be the Peleng 8mm lens which I believe introduces some distortion to the image but I'm not sure if it will give enough of the 'fisheye' look you are after.

3. Besides the Peleng 8mm, the only other wide angle lens option I can think of is the Zenitar 16mm which would be similar in angle of view to the 17mm setting of the standard Meteor lens supplied with the camera. The only major difference being that you could use the Zenitar with a Super 16 modified K3 (I doubt that the 17mm setting on the Meteor would cover Super 16.).

On the other hand, if your K3 has the bayonet lens mount, there is apparently a greater variety of lens options available to you. Hopefully others can chime in on that.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello there. If your K3 has the M42 screw mount, then you can use lenses designed for the older Pentax and Practica 35mm still cameras. These lenses are usually quite inexpensive.

1. Try the second hand departments of camera shops as well as ebay.

2. The choice of wide angle lens options for the 16mm format are extremely limited with the M42 lens mount. One of the very few options would be the Peleng 8mm lens which I believe introduces some distortion to the image but I'm not sure if it will give enough of the 'fisheye' look you are after.

3. Besides the Peleng 8mm, the only other wide angle lens option I can think of is the Zenitar 16mm which would be similar in angle of view to the 17mm setting of the standard Meteor lens supplied with the camera. The only major difference being that you could use the Zenitar with a Super 16 modified K3 (I doubt that the 17mm setting on the Meteor would cover Super 16.).

On the other hand, if your K3 has the bayonet lens mount, there is apparently a greater variety of lens options available to you. Hopefully others can chime in on that.

is this what your talking about?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Zenitar-Fisheye-M42...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/FO-CANON-EOS-MC-Zen...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Premium Member

The Peleng does distort but not a complete circular fish eye like it would be on a 35mm camera. Also, keep in mind that your K3 Super 16 conversion just widens the gate, it doesn't re-center the lens mount so you aren't actually using the center area any more, just expanding to one side so the distortions will be slightly more noticable on one side. It's a good lens for inside well lit tight spaces.

The Kiev 16mm is another good one that covers the Super 16 area and is slightly wider than the Meteor lens at it's widest.

All the Pentax Super Takumar lenses are good... 28mm is practical, so is 35mm... and more easily found.