Transporting Chinese Lanterns

Coroplast, the corregated plastic sheet that is used to print disposable advertising and political signs. Easily cut with a utility knife, lantern is kept between two sheet, with a strip of gaff tape on each side. Can be purchased at a plastics supply. Or you can collect old signs and reduce visual pollution in the landscape.

Does anyone know the size of those fibreboard cases with the straps that 35mm projection reels are shipped in?

I also thought that perhaps inexpensive rigid cymbal cases might do it as well.

I guess I am answering my own post.

A pizza box is a bit light weight (no pun intended) for transport in a vehicle loaded with equipment.

Photodisk pouches are not rigid enough and also difficult to buy without the Photodisk :-)

By artists portfolio you mean those things that are two pieces of heavy cardboard held together on 4 sides with cotton ribbons?

Coroplast, the corregated plastic sheet that is used to print disposable advertising and political signs. Easily cut with a utility knife, lantern is kept between two sheet, with a strip of gaff tape on each side. Can be purchased at a plastics supply. Or you can collect old signs and reduce visual pollution in the landscape.

Incidentally, also the stuff Kino Flo fixtures are made of. Known as Coroflute in some parts (such as Australia) ;)