Problem with focus on Nikon-modified Eyemo

Zachary Vex

I did a recent test with an Eyemo that I purchased on Ebay which had been modified with a Nikon mount, and was horrified to discover that when set to infinity, the focus was on trees about 50 feet away and infinity was completely out of focus. Any suggestions for where I should send this camera to be examined and modified?

I did a recent test with an Eyemo that I purchased on Ebay which had been modified with a Nikon mount, and was horrified to discover that when set to infinity, the focus was on trees about 50 feet away and infinity was completely out of focus. Any suggestions for where I should send this camera to be examined and modified?

I think, the flange focal distance of new lens mount adjust wrongly.

Need measuring of flange ofcal distance of lens mount by special mechanical tools.

The final adjusting must be with collimator.

But, you sure, what your Nikon lens have correct adjust of flange focal distance ?

Need test and adjust of Nikon lens too.

Eyemo ( russian copy AKS-1) don't have reflection viewfinder and you can focusing lens by distance scale on lens. That's why, the flange focal distance of lens and lens mount very important and must be adjust with high precision.

If you wish know more, send me letter on my e-mail.

If you find not of service near you, You can ask me about repair and service.

• Premium Member

Hi Zachary,

Using the following formula you can determine how much to shorten the mount:-

(d = f squared divided by a-f )

will give you the distance the lens is out of the mount when the lens is focused at infinity.

d = displacement of lens out of mount at infinity.

f = focal length of lens. a = distance of sharp focused object. You can use inches or metric measures.

Note, d = 0 when a = infinity.

Example: for a 50 mm lens (2 inch) set to infinity but is focusing at 10 feet. 2" squared/ 10x12"-2 =4/120"-2"=4/118"=.034" so the lens mount is .034" too far out of the mount. Shorten the mount by .034". Better yet, try .030 and check again.

Stephen

• 3 weeks later...

I must be wording my question improperly.

Does anyone know of a camera service shop which specializes in putting Nikon mounts on Eyemos? I believe I read about such a shop in Canada that was mentioned in this forum, but I haven't successfully found that post.

I must be wording my question improperly.

Does anyone know of a camera service shop which specializes in putting Nikon mounts on Eyemos? I believe I read about such a shop in Canada that was mentioned in this forum, but I haven't successfully found that post.

You probably mean Steve's Cine Service in Vancouver. No website or email last I checked, but his number is 604-876-9113.

• 1 year later...

Hi, Guys

I am currently looking to buy an eyemo 71 type camera. Since there's so many models made, which one should I look for if, I want lightest weight eyemo that can fit a Nikon lens?

Is an adopter needed for the nikon lens? And where can I buy one? Sorry for so many questions, Thank you.

Jason

Thanks so much. That's the one I remembered seeing.

Is an adopter needed for the nikon lens? And where can I buy one? Sorry for so many questions, Thank you.

Hi-

There isn't an adapter for Nikon Lenses, you need to have the mount machined onto the camera by a camera tech, usually to the tune of $1000- $2000.

There are pentax screw mount to eyemo mount adapters that slide into the eyemo mount, but they are very difficult, if not impossible, to find.