Tripods and Heads for the 900

John Morrison

Howdy,

I have been using a 1993 vintage sachtler vision 20 head with carbon fibre 2 stage sticks. The old girl has be refurbished and there is some annoying play in the head on the most useable drag settings. This camera is almost 11 lbs heavier than our old camera and the play in the head is starting to make me look like more of a hack. :unsure: So I'm looking for a new rig, who has some suggestions.

Yeah, not doing wedding videos ;) , I work for rite aid corporation, we do higher end training and corporate message videos.

I was thinking about 7grand would be all the corporate masters would permit after ponying up to buy the 900.

What I have experienced ,and don't know if my post relayed this, is the weight of the 900 and the anton bricks really stresses the sachtler head . Our last camera was a sony 300 with np1s for power so the sachtler was dandy. Now if I'm doing any sort of tilt move, I get a little hitch when I resolve the move, not good.

• 1 month later...

Hey:

Thats a fine system you are using, why not just get the head re-built. It will probably cost around $800 - $1000 and that Satchler is well worth the cost.

I use the same rig, (camera/head/stix) and I have the Canon 21X high def zoom (a big and heavy piece of glass) the satchler handles that rig beautifully.Here's Satchler's phone # 1-516-867-4900. Satchler is located on Long Island, NY. They rebuilt my VIDEO 20 a couple of years ago and the 'old girl' now performs smoother than I do at happy hour (my attempt a humor).

JD

Cineshooter, LLC

WWW.CINESHOOTER.COM