Zeiss T2.2 35mm Primes in Arri Std

David Auner aac

• Premium Member

Hi folks,

I was thinking of snatching up a couple of Zeiss 35mm T2.2 Primes in Arri Std mount. 16, 24, 32 and 50mm for around 1500 USD. Would you consider that a good deal? I plan on using these on a S16 NPR with Arri B mount. Thanks!

Cheers, Dave

Guest Robert Skates

David,

I used the 16mm and the 24mm last year on a short. I used them on a CP16R with arri standard to cp adapter. I was very pleased with the results. It really is all about the glass. When it comes to older lenses, there are only a small hand full that I would consider using. For primes the Zeiss T2.2 series and some Cooke series II & IIIs are nice. For zooms, the Angenieux 9.5-57hec, the Cooke 9-50 and the Zeiss 10-100 T3.

• Premium Member
David,

I used the 16mm and the 24mm last year on a short. I used them on a CP16R with arri standard to cp adapter. I was very pleased with the results. It really is all about the glass. When it comes to older lenses, there are only a small hand full that I would consider using. For primes the Zeiss T2.2 series and some Cooke series II & IIIs are nice. For zooms, the Angenieux 9.5-57hec, the Cooke 9-50 and the Zeiss 10-100 T3.

Thanks Robert. I agree with your recommendations, the problem is that the Zeiss and the Angeenieux zooms won't cover S16 at the wide end. I guess that I like the idea of being able to use my primes on a 35mm camera as well, should a heap of money fly my way ;)

Any more input anyone? Experiences using 35mm glass on S16?

Cheers, Dave

Hey David,

If you could say to me the name of the company that you are planning to buy from, maybe I could say to you if they can be trusted or not.

You can also PM me if you like; maybe I could dig out some more detail for you.

Oron.

Guest Robert Skates

David,

It is true that the Angenieux 9.5-57, Zeiss 10-100T3 and Cooke 9-50 will not cover the full super 16 frame. Each of these lenses cover fairly well in 1.85:1 Just something to keep in mind.

• Premium Member
David,

It is true that the Angenieux 9.5-57, Zeiss 10-100T3 and Cooke 9-50 will not cover the full super 16 frame. Each of these lenses cover fairly well in 1.85:1 Just something to keep in mind.

Yes I know. But I guess it would be wise to have lenses that cover at least 1.78:1 because of HDTV... But as I am a big fan of wide screen who knows. There's a nice 10-100 T3 lens for sale here in Vienna... But if I get these Zeiss primes I'd still need a wide angle or two. Any ideas for low cost wides that will cover S16? I've got the long end covered by my Nikkors for now, I'll use these on a Nikon F to C mount adapter.

Cheers, Dave