My new short film needs your vote

David W Scott

I just wanted to share the exciting news that my new short film "POSTERING" has gotten into the Toronto Urban Film Festival. It's a festival for one-minute silent films, and the films will play on the TTC subway television screens. "POSTERING" is scheduled to play on Tuesday, September 11, so keep your eyes open underground if you're in Toronto.

We need your vote for the film! The Toronto Urban Film Festival has an online component. You can watch the films, and vote for your favourite one. Please go to the website and vote for "POSTERING"!

http://www.torontourbanfilmfestival.com/vote.php

"POSTERING" is about 1/3 of the way down the list of films.

Thank you in advance for helping our film! Spread the word, and let me know how you like the film.

Here's more info about the film:

SYNOPSIS

"Poster" - it's a verb, a noun, and a hot topic in Toronto. This film explores postering and the many forms it takes in this city. Free speech isn't always pretty, but postering has been upheld by the Supreme Court as an important form of self expression. You can learn a lot about every neighbourhood in Toronto by looking at the posters that are displayed - or how quickly they get torn down. "Postering" is a quick look at some of these images, issues and debates.

BEHIND THE SCENES

"POSTERING" was shot on a variety of media -- Super 8 (Plus-X black & white shot on an AGFA Movexoom 10), 24P video (DVX-100), 35mm stills and DSLR stills. Super 8 was transferred by Frame Discreet, who did a fantastic job. The film was edited at 24P on Final Cut Pro, and had a 3:2 pulldown added for the 30i submission to the festival. The festival required a silent film, but a soundtrack has been composed for a version of the film with sound. A longer version (3 to 5 minutes) is also being prepared, and I will shoot more Plus-X and Ektachrome 64T for that cut.

Thanks for your support!

Edited by David W Scott