Gaffer Pouch/Bags

Sean McClellan

Hello, I was wondering what kind of bags/pouches that gaffers tend to use. I am looking at buying one but i don't know what kind of brand the professionals use. If any of you can point me in the right direction that would be great. Also, what kinds of tools does a gaffer tend to have on him/her?

• Premium Member
Hello, I was wondering what kind of bags/pouches that gaffers tend to use. I am looking at buying one but i don't know what kind of brand the professionals use. If any of you can point me in the right direction that would be great. Also, what kinds of tools does a gaffer tend to have on him/her?

Hi Sean,

check out Setwear. I have two of their pouches and 2 pairs of gloves, which I like. I've bought the Jumbo AC pouch and a Tool pouch and 2 pairs of EZ-Fit 2 gloves (what a silly name! ;) )...

Cheers, Dave

• Premium Member

I believe I have an extra Cinebags AC pouch if you're interested. I ordered one a while back and they sent two. I asked and they just told me to keep it. I guess they didn't want to bother shipping it back.

I was wondering what kind of bags/pouches that gaffers tend to use. I am looking at buying one but i don't know what kind of brand the professionals use.

Also, what kinds of tools does a gaffer tend to have on him/her?

As to your first question, the gaffers I use don't carry an equipment belt. Mostly they're carrying a light and/or color meter, gloves and a gaffer's glass around their neck. As for the electricians under him or her, they're using the bags and pouches that the folks on this post have already suggested.

And as for the tools they carry, that depends on their job and the type of show we're shooting. But you can count on the fact that they'll likely be carrying some kind of multi-tool (Gerber or Leatherman or such), amp probe, multimeter , circuit finder, marker(s), pen, gloves, flashlight, cube tap(s) and ground plug adapter(s), Allen wrench, clothes pins, wire snips, utility knife, etc.

On a pre-light day, they might carry electrical tape of every color to mark cables, as well as some rope to tie banded lines, and alcohol swabs to clean globes that need to be replaced. On stage days, they might carry a Bates cable tool which is a used to clean and fix the terminals on a Bates cleaning has wire bristles and works like a car battery terminal cleaner.