film-connection

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh my. I cannot emphasize how much i am NOT spamming in defense of the Film connection. What i would like to emphasize is the well known fact that not everyone is cut out for the same things. So with that said, don't bad mouth something because your experience was shitty. I'm not gonna go around telling 8th graders that high school is a horrible place to learn just because I didn't enjoy my experience there. If you have positive feedback you should definitely inform those with questions. If you have negative feedback, Im not gonna say keep it to yourself but don't make it seem as if its only the schools fault. Surely some of you slacked off, thought you were so special that you didn't need to make a valid effort, or just figured that since your paying money for a program that everything would be handed to you.

I'll just end this with saying if your gonna make claims of a scam at least be specific. Where you were mentoring, what studio, your mentors name, etc.

Some folks just might be spammers working for the film connection, but thats not to say others are from film schools bad mouthing the program.

& to anyone looking for a REAL fakin' experience, find me on facebook (facebook.com/nforbes1). I've already had two random people ask about me about how i'm experiencing it and I will say not everything is good. I live a about 45 mins away from the studio i mentor at and sometimes have to take the train or even cancel sessions. But for me details just search Najanique Forbes, or Najee Forbes and I'll answer any questions you have.

For the record, I am 21 years young & the film connection is the first schooling i've taken after high school. I'll probably take a business class next spring but, don't rule out this program just because of a few failed bitter jerks. With or without school, networks and connections are the main necessity for working in film...drive is the next.

Ninja Najee out :ph34r:

Edited by Najanique Forbes

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The second he replied it sounded like he couldn't stop talking about how good the company was again. And they probably didn't mention anything about the money after they read it on here. It's getting weird like how Jim from RED just popped on that other Thread about Philip Bloom, kinda creepy, just saying.

Hi sorry I haven't been on here long enough, and i hate complaining but if you look above my posts, look at how many people don't have real names, wtf?

Any Mods can you confirm??

Real Names Forum

Members on this forum are required to use their full real names for their Display Name.

The format to use is your first name followed by a space followed by your last/family/surname. Please capitalize the first letter of each.

Display names can be edited in My Controls / Change Display Name.

Read more: http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules#ixzz1gVQwwPFp

• Premium Member

It is very clearly stated (very, very clearly stated) in the signup procedure.

The discovery that a significant proportion of English-speaking humanity does not understand the phrase "your first name, a space, then your last name" depresses me.

Oh, and edit - the existence of this Thread that Will Not Die finally persuaded me to actually look at the website of this outfit. Have you seen the logos on their "accreditation" page? What d'you reckon that "Bureau" is not a controlled term under US law? What d'you further reckon that "US department of education" is a controlled term, and possibly not one that Film Connection is all that ready to associate with? Let's see, US department of education accreditation database... search "Film Connection"...

There are no institutions that meet your criteria

No? Well, let's be fair. "Career connection"

There are no institutions that meet your criteria

Let's try another - let's say, oh, MIT:

Massachusetts Institute of Technology - 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambrigde, MA

Yes, the website seems to work, if only to confirm the stunning lack of originality in the early colonial new world as regards the location of universities.

Sorry, this may all be as legit as can be, but eighteen seconds' research suggests strongly to me that it's not.

P

• 1 month later...

Alright I tried to stay out of this lol I've seen my fair share of people claiming ECC's scams. I'm not a Film Connection student, but a Recording Connection one..Jimi asked me a lot about my past experience, my intentions, and didn't have a main focus of money at all to whoever said that. He's a cool dude. I got set up with a studio that I love and the mentor is a vault full of knowledge that I can learn from every single day. The enrollment was a quick enough process, and not one thing at all about this school has appeared to be a scam to me. 7,750 too much for what you get? Hey, that's your opinion, man. Could I use that for home studio equipment? Of course I could. Would I know how to work it as efficiently? Absolutely not. It's worth it to me to learn from a professional that people know, learn those techniques and not waste thousands on a studio and not know how to work it proficiently. I have no problem with the money and I have the time to spare. This school will appeal to different people. Don't judge it off it's website lol that's just naive. They got me in the studio, I'm learning, money well spent in my book. That money would pay for...what, about half a year of college? Don't sweat it. If you know how to use all the equipment, or are willing to self teach yourself recording, go ahead and buy a home studio instead. If you want the experience and don't mind going here, I promise you, at least the Recording Connection is not at all a scam. I'll answer any question I can for the nonbelievers.

EDIT: Someone might point out my 1 post and think I'm just an ECC bot lol I'm not. I'm getting so bothered by people saying this place is a scam, I joined just to plead my case otherwise. This school doesn't deserve that reputation.

Edited by Mike Kish

I'm sorry but I cannot see what they are doing wrong?

I dunno man. I can't see why this company has a bad rep with some people. The process to enroll was unreal how easy it was, you can check out the studio and mentor and change if you aren't impressed or satisfied. They aren't out to get your money. In fact, last fall I was going to start, and didn't because I wanted to save more money and I just re-enrolled. Tuition has since gone up 650 to cover books and the M-box for recording..they said since I started enrolling last year, I didn't have to pay that price jump. So it's been great so far and I'm about to start Recording Connection in a week or two. Keep you all updated if anyone actually cares lol nothing about ECC strikes me as a scam at all. I think it's a unique and effective method of learning.

• 2 weeks later...

It was nice of them not to charge you the new fees, something they had every right to do.

Definitely. My first day was today actually. My mentor is Klint Macro. He's not a huge name dude but did very well in Cali. He's big on movies (Did work on Dane Cook's Isolated Incident) but he also produces albums. When it came time for a kid, he moved back home to open his studio up so his son didn't have to grown up in the hustle and bustle of LA and it happens to be no more than 25 minutes from my house in southwest PA. He still has people from CA send him work and he's got a loyal list of clientele here as well. Can't wait to get past learning about sound waves and microphones and get down to it! But he's full of information. Not a dime wasted on my part (or so that's how I feel at least) I could have very well used that money for a legit home studio, but what good is that if I can't run it? I'm not willing to take the risk of "self teaching myself on Youtube" and if I decide to try for work in a commercial studio, I have a name to tell them I learned under and a half year of one-on-one studio training to back my resume up.

• 2 years later...