Konvas 2M Power Solution

Jon Petro

Hello,

If you check this site:

www.lomoscope.com

it shows a very complicated way of making your 17EP motor run on a 4 pin XLR port.

My theory, and hope you guys can reassure I am correct. An easier way to adapt the motor to run off a 4 Pin Battery or powersource is take the existing Konvas power cord and place a 4 pin male or female connector on the end you want to plug into your power source.

So if this is true you can buy a cheap Bescor 12v Battery belt from B&H. Modify the one end of the Konvas cable and plug into your Konvas on the Konvas end of the cable, and then your Battery on the 4 pin side...

It seems a whole lot easier and cheaper to do. I am correct that this power configuration would work?

Someone with more electronic knowledge would know better.

Jon

The Konvas 17EP motor runs off 12v, so yes, you're correct. That's exactly what I did with mine before I had it modified with a regular 4 pin XLR connector.

All you need is a 4 pin male XLR connector. Just cut the Russian one off the end and connect the XLR:

http://www.neutrik.com/us/en/audio/210_120...4MX_detail.aspx

Pin 4 is + and pin 1 is -

The Konvas 17EP motor runs off 12v, so yes, you're correct. That's exactly what I did with mine before I had it modified with a regular 4 pin XLR connector.

All you need is a 4 pin male XLR connector. Just cut the Russian one off the end and connect the XLR:

http://www.neutrik.com/us/en/audio/210_120...4MX_detail.aspx

Pin 4 is + and pin 1 is -

Cool thanks,

and thanks for the email. The fast Lomos don't seem to be around anymore, congrats on getting a couple.

Jon

it shows a very complicated way of making your 17EP motor run on a 4 pin XLR port.

My theory, and hope you guys can reassure I am correct. An easier way to adapt the motor to run off a 4 Pin Battery or powersource is take the existing Konvas power cord and place a 4 pin male or female connector on the end you want to plug into your power source.

So if this is true you can buy a cheap Bescor 12v Battery belt from B&H. Modify the one end of the Konvas cable and plug into your Konvas on the Konvas end of the cable, and then your Battery on the 4 pin side...

It seems a whole lot easier and cheaper to do. I am correct that this power configuration would work?

Someone with more electronic knowledge would know better.

Yes, You can modify of original power cord of 17EP-16 APk motor and replace of connector from one side ( battery side ) from russian style on 4 pin XLR connector.

You can connect any 12v battery with 4 pin XLR connector.

But, i must underline.

PLEASE, CONNECT BATTERY WITH CORRECT POLARITY !!!!!!!

If you don't know correct polarity of original power cord, ask me olex.camera@gmail.com

I not wish tell you any, but, if you connect battery with reversdal polarity, you burn down of electronic and will ask me about repair of electronic.

Yes, of course, I can repair of original electronic and I can propose of upgrade of original electronics of 17EP-16 APK motor on modern multi speed crystal sync microprocessor control.

The microprocessor controller can have a few version with a few crystal sync speed or with speed synthesizer, can have digital film counter and digital voltmeter of battery and other additional possibilities.

I hope, all will OK with your modification.

If you wish know more about upgrade of electronics, check of forum or ask me.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Any questions you have about Konvas or Kinor cameras can be answered here:

www.konvas.org.

It has a TON of onformation about these cameras. Join the mailing list and get a weekly stream of

info about the cameras and people actually shooting with them. I just finished a short shot with my Konvas.

Also check out this site :

www.konvas.info

There is detailed info about lubing the camera and magazines.

Edited by James Compton