16mm double perf

Patrick Neary

• Site Sponsor
Hi-

Does anybody really know what the current state of double perf 16mm is? Is anyone able to still get it from kodak (or anywhere else) without a large special order?

Both Kodak and Fuji have certain stocks available in double perf i.e. 7231 80iso B+W negative is available in either but 7222 200iso B+W negative is only available in single perf right now.

Check the Kodak catalog for which stocks are available, Fuji recently made a number of their 16mm stocks available in either single or double where all of them were single perf just a while ago.

-Rob-

Hi-

Does anybody really know what the current state of double perf 16mm is? Is anyone able to still get it from kodak (or anywhere else) without a large special order?

Here in Argentina the local Fuji representative www.ultravision.com.ar has double perf negative stock in all ASAs, D and T.

In fact double perf is the only stock I use, today i called them and they have plenty of it.

Kodak only under special request so i never used it.

Edited by Victor M

Most of the Kodak special orders involve an 18 roll minimum.

A few one-roll stocks are available. The last time I looked, double-perf was only supplied in-- I believe-- Plus-X and VISION2 500T-- as one-roll minimums. Most of this was for 100 foot spools too, a few 400 foot cores were available, as I remember. Other stocks were available at higher minimums-- but no b/w negative. But b/w reversal can be processed as negative if desired... but as to results?

• Premium Member
Hi-

It's not just high-speed- there are piles of neat old cameras (maybe antique is a better description!) that require 2-perf. Mitchells, Cine-Kodaks, older Bolexes and Filmos, it's a long list.

I have a Kodak Cine from 1933 that uses double pert only. Haven't tried it yet.