Looking for Bolex underwater housing

• 3 years later...

If you are Ontario, LIFT (The Liaison of Independent Filmmakers of Toronto) rents out an underwater housing for the H16 for a really great price. I believe it's only 10 dollars (or under). I'm interested to find out where they got theirs, looks like they are hard to come by, would love to find one myself!

I just realized you posted this three years ago, oops! Anyways..

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I am usually quick at repsonding but for some reason I am not getting e-mail notifications and forgot I posted on this topic.

I'm not too sure you can check out the website or give them a shout (google their name). I am actually in the process of getting a custom made housing for a wind up h16 model, I'd lend it to you if you still needed it, but I probably won't get it for a little longer.

I can't imagine if this still useful information, but for future reference I suppose.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Hi Andrew,

were you successful in having an underwater houding made for your Bolex H16? We arelooking into doing one underwater shot with a Bolex H16 for a music video and are having a hard time finding a housing to rent.

Best,

Roman Zenz

• 1 month later...

I just got my Bolex-Paillard underwater housing out of storage. It has the wooden case, but the handle for the top of the crate is missing. There are two wrenches, a round plastic purple filter, and the viewfinder screen and mount. Plus there's an ancient H16 with a 10 mm lens in it. I'll take some photos when I have a chance. I found one for sale the other day for $1,490. I'll have to think about a price before I post it on eBay. It will be less than $1,490! (I'm thinking about ⅔ that.)