Searching for Arri S Constant Speed Motor 24fps

Kirk Anderson

Title says it all, I want a constant speed 24 fps motor for my Arri s. I'm tired of trying to keep speed in mind on my shoots. I would like to spend $100 including shipping to SF. If you have a crystal I would pay upwards of $400.

Let me know what you got!

kirk

Title says it all, I want a constant speed 24 fps motor for my Arri s. I'm tired of trying to keep speed in mind on my shoots. I would like to spend $100 including shipping to SF. If you have a crystal I would pay upwards of $400.

kirk

Here's one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Arri-Arriflex-ST-Camer...1QQcmdZViewItem

• Premium Member

As Chuck mentioned, there are some on eBay. Someone in Israel is selling one:

ebay.com/Arri-Arriflex-ST-Camera-Constant-Speed-Motor-Tested

And someone in Florida is selling one with a number of other nice Arriflex 16S accessories:

ebay.com/Arriflex-SB-24FPS-Motor-Handgrip-Matte-Box-Filter-Set

In no way am I vouching for either of these auctions, and as always on eBay, buyer beware. But keep your eyes and ears open, they do pop up from time to time.

-Tim

kirk

hi i have one that im listing on ebay in the next few days. It looks & runs like new. Its biggish and plugs into 115 volts. the controller which is between the wall and the motor has an on/off and a forward/reverse. I've never seen an add for this and it doesn't appear on Tim's site. Its made by arriflex. I still have the box.

I have used it since i bought it and i am selling it along with my 16s/b gs to fund an Aaton. Its absolutely beautiful to use. Much quieter than my variable speed motor. It gets to speed almost instantly. Ill try to post a picture in the next day or two.

Stephen

• Premium Member
hi i have one that im listing on ebay in the next few days. It looks & runs like new. Its biggish and plugs into 115 volts. the controller which is between the wall and the motor has an on/off and a forward/reverse. I've never seen an add for this and it doesn't appear on Tim's site. Its made by arriflex. I still have the box.

I have used it since i bought it and i am selling it along with my 16s/b gs to fund an Aaton. Its absolutely beautiful to use. Much quieter than my variable speed motor. It gets to speed almost instantly. Ill try to post a picture in the next day or two.

Stephen

Stephen,

I'd like to see it.

What's the serial number of your S/B by the way, is it one of the later ones?

-Tim

• Premium Member

Chuck,

The auction you linked to is for (what appears to be) one of the original ARRI synchronous motors like the one pictured below. They are listed on the web site:

synchro1.jpg

I was wondering if what Stephen was talking about was the second generation ARRI synchronous motor, (Cat. No. 339 302), which ARRI describes as:

"The ARRI 42 volt Synchronous Motor and Power Supply combination has several special advantages. The Power supply itself operates from regular 117 volt, 60 Hz, single phase power lines. It supplies stepped down voltage for the 42 volt motor. The same Power Supply also develops 8 volts DC for magazine take-up and the automatic clapstick."

It looks like this:

synchro3.jpg

-Tim

Chuck,

The auction you linked to is for (what appears to be) one of the original ARRI synchronous motors like the one pictured below. They are listed on the web site:

synchro1.jpg

I was wondering if what Stephen was talking about was the second generation ARRI synchronous motor, (Cat. No. 339 302), which ARRI describes as:

"The ARRI 42 volt Synchronous Motor and Power Supply combination has several special advantages. The Power supply itself operates from regular 117 volt, 60 Hz, single phase power lines. It supplies stepped down voltage for the 42 volt motor. The same Power Supply also develops 8 volts DC for magazine take-up and the automatic clapstick."

It looks like this:

synchro3.jpg

-Tim

Hi tim

No, thats not it, thats an older unit, very heavy. Ill try to post it tomorrow. The unit I have is sleek. the piece between the motor and the plug looks like a black sausage about 2.5" in diameter and 9 inches long. the motor is a bit like the one you show but at least 2 inches longer. I have one of those as well here.

cheers

Chuck,

synchro1.jpg

It looks like this:

synchro3.jpg

-Tim

Hi Tim, hopefully you will be able to see this photo. Cheers

post-16275-1192109241_thumb.jpg