Wanted: Devry Standard A

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)

Hi --

I'm looking to purchase a Devry Standard A -- the 35mm "lunchbox" camera that was produced by Devry in Chicago in the mid to late 1920's. I'm looking for the standard camera, not the converted traffic camera version. If you've got one available for sale please post a reply to this message or send me a private message.

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi --

I'm looking to purchase a Devry Standard A -- the 35mm "lunchbox" camera that was produced by Devry in Chicago in the mid to late 1920's. I'm looking for the standard camera, not the converted traffic camera version. If you've got one available for sale please post a reply to this message or send me a private message.

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi Aaron

I´ve got a Devry Standard Automatic sn:2828 with two lenses. Used it for music videos and similar work. Works great!

Björn, Sweden

Hi Bjorn-

Does your Devry have the crank? if not how do you hand crank it, did you have to make your own to fit the shaft?

HI

I have two cranks, one original and one homemade. They are the same size but you could have use for a crank with shorter shaft for highspeed work

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)

Bjorn --

That's an interesting core holder inside the camera. Where did you get that? Did you make it yourself?

Thanks,

Aaron

Bjorn --

That's an interesting core holder inside the camera. Where did you get that? Did you make it yourself?

Thanks,

Aaron

Hi, the core holder is in fact one plate from a broken 100ft spool glued together with a core for 35mm still film. If you buy still film in 100ft length it comes one one of these spools. I fits just inside a modern plastic core.

Guest Aaron Martin (TX)
Hi, the core holder is in fact one plate from a broken 100ft spool glued together with a core for 35mm still film. If you buy still film in 100ft length it comes one one of these spools. I fits just inside a modern plastic core.

That's a helpful tip. Thanks.

Hi again-

could you post a photo of your homemade crank? I'm curious how you fashioned it.

Hi Patrick

This is the only picture Ive got of the handcranks, it also shows the homemade half-spool.

And yes aaron the camera is for sale as everything else in this world. Dont have a clue about the price though...

Björn

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Aaron Martin (TX)
Hi --

Thanks,

Aaron

I'm still in the market for one of these cameras if anyone has one available.

Thanks,

Aaron