Dude, being a writer I'm a stickler for form - not because I'm a pedantic prick but because the established form for screenplays is the one that's most logical for reading, interpreting, and performing. Without spending a dime, go to celtx.com and download their software. It's pre-prod software, but has a built-in screenwriting app. It formats things correctly and is fairly self explanatory. I personally prefer Final Draft, but that costs money. I used Celtx for quite a while before I started using it.

Put your screenplay in that format and you're much more likely to have people read it.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Justin,

Nice to meet you My name's Sofiane (pronounce : "Sofian") and I live in Algeria, and my dream is to become a filmmaker and screenwriter, actually I'm just newcomer in this site which I find real interesting.

As far as your script (rough draft) is concerned, yes, I actually like it, keep it up. I now writing the script about Halloween 9.5 the next installement of Halloween franchise. I reached today the 67th page and my screeplay will be available into four main version:

Theatrical Release, Director's Cut, Tv Alternate and "Complete and Unabreged" ---

Here is my e-mail adress : joeastor@hotmail.com

I will send you my rough draft as soon as possible.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Sofiane Merouani. B)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Buddy Greenfield

A nice option between Celtx and Final Draft is Sophocles screenwriting software at $60 (Student rate).

The hours of font, printing and export to PDF (Not to mention formating) hassles that are allievated compared to the various templates for like MSWord make it worth every single penny of the price.

That said, even if you have to use a notebook and a pencil to get it out of your system, go for it, don't let the medium stop you from getting your ideas on paper, but honestly... seeing, reading and using the correct formatting really does begin to help you THINK in screenplay, and when your thoughts merge with software designed to anticipate your next move.. it's pretty frickin' nice.

I would suggest checking out: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Get involved with the critique section over there and your writing will improve almost overnight.

-Buddy-

Justin. The dialogue started really well. Im not sure Rodkel and Nephar would give the assasin gold for trying to kill them. The fact he was allowed to live would be enough. Of course this may all be a part of a different universe. You really need to format this correctly and make sure an understood flow of events unfolds.

Edited by Mark Collins