Phantom HD or HD (2K) & 65 (4K)?

Lance Flores

There are other models in the Phantom line, older models such as the V10 and the V7.3. These are still current models and therefore deserve discussion as well, but it probably makes sense to keep it all to one forum, at least for now. The V7.3 is "only" 800x600, but it can shoot 6600fps and if you drop the resolution to 320x240 it can shoot 32,000fps! There is also the little Miro line of cameras, which are as small as your averago point & shoot digital still cameras, but take c-mount glass as can shoot high speed. It's a lot of product but at least for our industry I think one forum can handle it all for now.

I actually think "Phantom HD" is the best name as that is what has received the most attention and will likely be the most useful way for people to find information. If we really wanted to be accurate we would call it the "Vision Research" forum since that is the manufacturer, or perhaps we should ask Tim to change "Dalsa" to "Origin and Evolution" and "RED" to "One." Go by what people are used to calling it.

"Scuse me while I put a Band-Aide on my Xerox. ;-)