Polarizer for Bolex Help

I'm doing a project on 16mm where I am shooting a lot of water and want to use a polarizing filter to reduce glare. I am shooting mostly on a bolex but have access to an Arri S as well. Can anyone help give me suggestions on what I should do? My local camera shop recommended I call a machinist and have a custom adapter built so I can go from the irregular bolex lens sizes to a standard size. Has anyone else come across this issue?

Thanks

I recently rented an HD package that came with a pretty nice Canon zoom lens. We got a circular polarizer with it. At first, they tried to give us a matte box that didn't fit the pola and the rep told us to tape it to the front of the lens...I nearly slapped him when I heard that come out of his mouth.

This doesn't help you at all, but it reminded me of that story.

Ahem, anyway...

Here's a support system I posted a long time ago for the Bolex, if you can find a renter with that and a mattebox to fit, then you're in business:

filter60_2.jpg

I tape my polarisers/filters regularly to my odd creations - works quite fine for static shots once you have set the angle...

No need to slap :lol: -_- (I'm a cheap bastard)

Oh, but the thing was the diameter of the polarizer was about 1/4" wider than the front of the zoom lens, so the pola's glass would have been pressed against the metal rim of the lens. He looked incredibly dumb showing us, but it turned out they had the right matte box for it with a convertible rear phase to fit both the zoom and the primes we were using.

My filters are bigger than the lens also - I put 4 bits of electrical tape around the rim to act as soft spacers, the tolerances of the tape are pretty good and I only get noticeable ghosting in very high contrast situations (the same as you'd get from a proper mattebox) ... I hold it all on with rubber bands ...

Dodgy looking yes, but I'm still waiting for the system to fail me - its all friction captain!

If it were a paid gig I'd certainly fork for the 'right' gear though