which school is better?

• 3 weeks later...
I'm planning on going to a 4 year university & I wanted input on which school I would benefit from the most: USC, LMU, or UCLA. Those are my top picks but if you know any other place let me know!

I highly recommend those programs, but don't forget there are many other schools out there. Cal State Northridge for instance is where I'm about to graduate from. Yeah it doesn't have the long list of alumni or great name like the schools you listed but we have the same professors as SC, but we only pay 3000 a year. So that first paycheck you make actually goes to you and not the loan shark... Not to mention you own your own films unlike SC. Don't be dissalusioned by the big name schools. Almost all undergraduate film schools are the same. You learn the same material but how much are you willing to pay for it. The Masters class at SC is what it really has its name for! That is something to think about when you want to spend the dough. Northridge has really come along recently in terms of quality and quantity of working graduates. We put more people in the industry right after graduation than any other film school. Yes given they are not all directors, but its a one in a million that you're going to be the next Spielberg fresh out of undergraduate school. Good luck and what ever you choose never let anything sidetrack living your dreams.

Chris Walters

• 3 weeks later...
I'm planning on going to a 4 year university & I wanted input on which school I would benefit from the most: USC, LMU, or UCLA. Those are my top picks but if you know any other place let me know!

Do research, this is how it use to be.

USC & UCLA - Undergrad, 1 film

Cal State Long Beach - As many as you can finish. As long as you finish them. This was several years ago.

With this very important thing to remember. After four years at USC, if your professor knows and likes you, you can get a scholarship for graduate school. You can not do that if you go to Cal State. I suspect the industry contacts are at USC. They always have been for lots of fields, not just film. But if you want to shoot a lot in school, you can go to another school. Columbia in Hollywood shoots a lot. Volunteer at AFI for the student shoots just to see if you like it.