Arri Mains Unit?

Adrian Sierkowski

• Premium Member

Hey everyone,

I've been scouring around trying to find something suitable for my SR3. I know it's a 24V camera and I'm looking for a Mains Unit, or just something to be able to run the camera off of 120V AC power for situations when I'm in a studio. I have 2 of the 1.4AH batteries, but I find sometimes, I'll run more film in a day than the batts have charge. Any information on where to look or if anyone has one to get rid of, would be amazing!

I found a few things on e bay; but I dunno if i trust a E bay person in Australia. . . .

Hi Adrian, A 24V DC "mains" supply is relatively easy to come by if you are willing to use one that is not arriflex brand. You can simply hook up any 24V DC supply, with a good rectifier circuit, and has the ability supply equal or more amperage than the camera requires to run. You will have to fabricate or have fabricated a connector to connect the camera but that is all.

By the way if you want to find a cheap device call it a Step Down Transformer (with a rectifier) rather that a Mains Unit.

If you are willing to take this project on email me and I can help you with some sources.