Canon GL2 or JVC gz-hd7 for short film

We are shooting a short (3 page) fan film in a few weeks. We are in pre-production currently, getting together storyboards, lighting etc. Its a no budget short we are doing for experience and fun.

I own a Canon GL2, but a local amateur cinematographer wants to help us, and use his JVC gz-hd7 camera. I know nothing about that camera except that it costs only about $1000 and is a HD 3 CCD camera.

We want this to look as filmatic as possible, and I have had some success with the GL2 in cinemode (30P).

Can anyone tell me which camera would be better to use? Is it good to go with the JVC simply because its HD? We could use both, but would mixing footage be bad? Any help to this newbie would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

well hd is good but I would mix footage, because it would give the editor more editing options. But be carefull if his footage is bad and yours is good or vise versa because the editor would get annoyed, because half the footage is crap and he has to find the good footage. Also if he isnt a good editor there would be bits that are crap and bits that arnt in the finished film. so have a look at a bit of the other guys footage before you film. hope it goes well. oh wats some of the films you have done so i can have a look.