cine kowas...any good?

what might they compare with? i just learned about them and know nothing. couldnt google anything either. did they only make one version of them?

Mitchell distributed them in the US.

The 16mm high speeds were distributed by Cinema Products under a house brand name which I can't recall at the moment.

Mitchell had them in BNCR and S35R mounts. I think they actually had an interchangable mount system.

The 16mm high speeds also had interchangable mounts.

But try to find those mounts now.

Older Kowas were availiable in Mitchell std/NC mounts, but probably didn't have a US distributer.

i have a 9mm.. it is very nice.. sharp and super fast.. there's a very slight vignette on super16 but you can crop and scale the frame.. it's like t1.3... super duper fast! PS somebody's selling a set of 4 on feebay at the moment

Edited by Robert Glenn

Mitchell distributed them in the US.

The 16mm high speeds were distributed by Cinema Products under a house brand name which I can't recall at the moment.

Mitchell had them in BNCR and S35R mounts. I think they actually had an interchangable mount system.

The 16mm high speeds also had interchangable mounts.

But try to find those mounts now.

Older Kowas were availiable in Mitchell std/NC mounts, but probably didn't have a US distributer.

The CP lenses were called Ultra T primes

Steve Gladstone did a comparison test using his Ultra-Ts and a bunch of other lenses including my personal set of Optar Illuminas. He turned it into an article for Showreel Magazine, which I believe is available on its website. The Ultra-Ts weren't terrible, but they certainly didn't stand up to the Optars.