Color Temperature

B. Sakthidoss

In SDX900 how to change the Color Teperature in Preset mode.

Ex:- In Magic hours sun lights fall in sculpture, 1/3 portion sun lights ,the shadows fill with the sky lights

If shoot this in filter D(6300K),Sun light was warm,but sky light are balanced,or Using Filter C(4500K)sun lights are balanced,and sky lights are cool blue.Is it possible to Color temperature between this C & D,like 5500K change the preset in Filter D,resulting image was warm and blue.

But,I have no solution changing the preset CT in SDX900.

If Iam Going to White balance menu through the System Mode.

The Every memory shows 3200K like Mem A,Mem B and Preset.

• 6 months later...

Hi:

This the solution I found with the adjustment the 900 has:

Go to OPERATION, then to WHITE BALANCE. Set Mem A or Mem B as VAR (I set it in "B"). Then adjust B to 5600.

The problem is: you are setting this VAR preset in the B filter position (3200), the only possibility. So what I ended having was:

B preset: 3200K

C preset: 4300K

D preset: 6300K

B Mem B (var): 5600K

You have to keep you´re eyes in the K meter in the upper left to avoid switching to a tungsten balance accidentally while shooting daylight (swithching from A, or B to PRE)

(C mem B: -+6500K, D mem B: -+8500K)

Mem A is left for white balancing with the switch.

I found very usefull to have all this presets, and I read that white balancing daylight with a 3200K filter (a clear filter in fact) gives you better Signal/Noise ratio, and you have 2/3 of a stop more light than D filter.

It could be nice to have 5600K in the A preset. I´ve never used the cross filter...

I hope I was usefull

Best regards

Alejandro