Eye piece fogging

G McMahon

Hello all,

Just wanting to know what people use to stop fogging in the eyepiece from sweat/hot forehead or rainy weather.

I am in Australia, so some products that you may use may go under a different name, so a brief description or the type of retail outlet where you would find it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

• Premium Member
Hello all,

Just wanting to know what people use to stop fogging in the eyepiece from sweat/hot forehead or rainy weather.

I am in Australia, so some products that you may use may go under a different name, so a brief description or the type of retail outlet where you would find it would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Hello Mr G.....

Are you film or video ? Heated viewfinders or electrostatic viewfinders on a film camera are mostly standard and can be retrofitted. If it's a video camera then it's a bit harder. I never bother with antifog or anything, but find if I hold my eye a few mm's away from actual contact that it allows a bit of air flow and usually clears the fog. That's assuming the camera is actually acclimatised to the environment you're shooting in...

JB

• Premium Member
I never bother with antifog or anything, but find if I hold my eye a few mm's away from actual contact that it allows a bit of air flow and usually clears the fog. That's assuming the camera is actually acclimatised to the environment you're shooting in...

Just to be clear, that last part is only for video cameras. Not an option with film cameras while rolling.