2007 Reel online

Hi everyone, I just finished my new website, my new reel is online and I would like some feedback! Thanks a lot!

www.christophecollette.com

Hi,

I don't know if I have a bad Wifi connection or something but all I get is a white page.

Yeah, sorry, just tried it again and it worked. I do have a really slow Wifi connection in my bedroom.

I finally managed to watch three or four fifths of the reel. Sorry my wifi connection is on the blink!

Wow! Your site is very nice - beautiful and fresh feeling - I like the simplicity and style!

Out of interest - Did you design it yourself? What was it made on?

I thought I would write some commennts down before I forget. I think your shot are amazing! You've got some really, really good stuff! However, IMHO I feel you could make it even stronger if you got rid of a few shots...'Less is More'.

For me there are certain shots that are not as cinematic as they could be (though they are amazing nonetheless. For me there 5 shots that aren't as strong as th rest:

- the shot of the guy walking over the girls lying on the floor -> looks a bit contrived to my eye

- the shot of the strange guy walking in the woods with the big thing on his back -> don't know why, just doesn't do anything for me

- the OTS shot of the girl on the swing with the guy walking in the background -> the composition is not as controlled as it could be for me.

- the shot of the girl with her head in the cage -> looks a bit contrived and student film...

- the second exterior Steadicam shot walking across the field ->The silhouetted characters walking through the tunnel looks great...why dilute the power of that shot(s) with another Steadicam shot that is not visually as intrigueing.

Just my own opinion...but you sure got the eye! Wish I could shoot as well as you!

Thanks for your comments Morgan! The shots you listed are my personal favorites though! I like weird framing I guess. I designed the website myself in photoshop, my brother programmed it in flash... It's based on this website: www.paprika.com, a design agency.

Talk to you later!

Christophe

Christophe, I like your work very much. The images have such a rich and regal quality. I particularly liked the girl on the swing sequence, and the boys in the marching band outfits. The close up of the blue eyed man eying the camera and the children running in the field I thought you could do without. The images that follow those two shots can be even stronger in their absence, in my opinion.

Nice Stuff

LT

Thanks for your comments guys! I also think the reel is a bit long... My other reel was a bit short, now i need an in between... The song I am not so sure I like that much either... Well, it'll work for a while I think.

You can see my work on the www.nufilms.ca website. I usually work with Martin Fournier, but I did quite a bunch of videos which are on their website. I did a bunch of commercials with www.jetfilms.com too. Other than that, my website includes my photo work as well.

Thanks!

C

• 3 weeks later...

Christophe,

Hello I was wondering if you could let me know some technical information about your stills. What format do you use to shoot? What camera or cameras?

Basically, if it is Digital what cam do you use and prefer?

If it is film...?

It looks like a mix, but maybe I am wrong and it is all film.

I like the site and everything by the way.

Jon