Day Under Fire

Michael Palm

The workflow is very unique. You may find this interesting:

From my knowledge Richard Welnowski owns the Viper and his mobile setup. The camera is connected to his Ford Explorer!

The mobile setup is equipped with dual HD monitors, one for viewing content and the other for controlling DVS Clipster. Clipster is the software he uses to log and capture all the footage, which is ran on his super computer. I forget exactly how many TB he has on his harddrive. But it takes a lot of space to hold all the footage.

We recorded at 1080p uncompressed and 4:2:2 for editing.

Arches%20V-1.gif

• Premium Member

Well, that bit's easy. I have that bit in the broom cupboard here (again... full HD uncompressed recorder hanging around... anyone who wants it for a while, call me...).

What's tough is backing it all up onto tape/whatever. Do you know what they did?

Phil

Well, that bit's easy. I have that bit in the broom cupboard here (again... full HD uncompressed recorder hanging around... anyone who wants it for a while, call me...).

What's tough is backing it all up onto tape/whatever. Do you know what they did?

Phil

Backed up onto portable HardDrives from the computer. We backed everything up over night. We also recorded to tape as well on the third episode shoot.

Edited by Michael Palm