Key to Reserva: Scorsese's comeback

Guest Tim Partridge

Guest Tim Partridge

I think I just burst every last goosebump on my body:

You will be suprised to see who the the DP is too. :blink:

Couldn't edit my previous post.

Is the scene a deleted scene from "North by Northwest" (this occured to me when the guy's trying to unscrew a lightbulb and uses a handkerchief with R. T. initials, sort of like "Roger Thornhill" - looking at a fuzzy credits however, I don't think the actor is listed as Thornhill), or is it some new project that never came to fruition? Anyone knows?

• Premium Member
Scorsese needed to make a "comeback"? :blink: From where, the award and accolade display-case store? :rolleyes:

Perhaps he's referring to the fact that when he won an Oscar for "The Departed" this year, the one presented on stage wasn't his to keep and he had to "comeback" for the one with his name engraved on it?

• Premium Member

That was really a sad viewing experience, to see someone like Scorsese not only doing a commercial for Freixenet, a third-tier sparkling wine, but to sell himself with it to do what is basically an uninspired morph between André S. Labarthe's The Scorsese Machine and something much too close to what Gus van Sant did to Psycho.

I am sure he had his fun doing what the account managers at JWT sketched out, and it bought it some money to get Thelma a new Steenbeck, but I hope that this is anything but "a comeback". Psycho killed off Gus van Sant's mojo. This "Freixenet" ad isn't getting as wide a release to ruin a reputation, and Scorsese is too gifted and inspired (despite all his latest films) to get dragged down by it, but I think he shouldn't have done it ? but then again, he really struggles to get funding, as he told quite agitatively last year here in London, so who knows what he has to do to get the real Scorsese Machine running...