Aaton Alcan 54

Doug Watson

I just bought an Eclair NPR with the Aaton Alcan 54 Motor. The markings are pretty scratched up on the motor. Just wanted to confirm operation with anyone who has experience with this motor. From tests, I figure that the two position toggle switch switches between crystal 24 and variable speed. The rotary dial adjusts the variable speeds. Question: Are the 24/25fps crystal settings done internally or do I need to set that with a combination setting between the toggle switch and rotary dial? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

Doug

Hi Doug,

I have the same motor and asked myself the same question about one year ago...

The swich is for 24 and 25 fps or variable speed.

My motor seems to be a bit odd since it has a 24/25 mark (on the camera side when you remove the motor) but still can only run at 25fps (variable from 6 to 32fps).

My motor doesn't have this 24 /25 switch, I hope yours has it...it should be on the camera side of the motor. Sorry I can't tell you more since I've never seen one.

Maybe you could add a picture to your next message, maybe it can help...

• 1 month later...
Question: Are the 24/25fps crystal settings done internally or do I need to set that with a combination setting between the toggle switch and rotary dial?

Like Thibaut said, it's on the camera side of the motor. You choose speed by setting the screw in one of the holes.

post-5636-1201956504.jpg

• 5 years later...

Any help with an alcan motor that wont turn off?

As soon as I plug in the power supply it powers on and makes a loud rattling sound, the switch wont work in the front and the only way to turn it off is by unplugging the battery?

Any idea

thanks for any response