Frezzi LW16 Anamorphic LA7200 setup

Rolando Fernandez

Nice job.

As seen in an old thread of mine, I too have been experimenting with anamorphic with my Arri S. This particular set up you have is interesting. However, from what I can see, you wouldnt be able to adjust focus on the spherical lens (the Angenieux in this case) because you would then be rotating the alignment of the anamorphic lens as well, since they are attached dependent of each other.

Unless I overlooked something, which I hope I did. Cause if this is not the case, and this set up does indeed work, I may try it myself.

hi, well is not finish yet, the la7200 has a rotating ring that allow to keep it steady as you focus

it only needs a support to hold it and at the same time allow to move back and forth.

I'm working on that this week.

Does the Panasonic anamorphic focus?

The smaller 58mm thread 1.33x anamorphics don't focus so can only be used on the wide end of the zoom.

Does the Panasonic anamorphic focus?

The smaller 58mm thread 1.33x anamorphics don't focus so can only be used on the wide end of the zoom.

Hi, it focus on all zoom positions , this lens is form by 2 elements only, a big square front cylindrical element

and a smaller square kind of concave element in the back , it don't look like the classic anamorphics.

The only thing I notice is in full zoom at maximun aperture some chromatic aberrations(very dim) in the outside border but disapears as you close iris to f4 or more.