Looking for location In Florida(WEST PALM BEACH) 8mm film.

Kyle Fasanella

Ok so for x mas I want to process my dads old 8 mm film on to dvd and for my own editing purposes.

I have 9x 50tf reels. it will cost $99 for setupand one 50 ft reel and 15$ for each additional reel.

for all 9 its going to cost $200. is this a good deal. or should I keep looking?

Know of any other locations in my area? how do I find these locations that process 8mm?

Edited by Kyle Fasanella

• Premium Member
Ok so for x mas I want to process my dads old 8 mm film on to dvd and for my own editing purposes.

Know of any other locations in my area? how do I find these locations that process 8mm?

A lot depends on the quality of the work you want,and also if you want the lab doing the work to do a stright "one light" transfer, or if you want them to optimise the video to get the best out of your film.

That much film is shot at Silent speed, (18FPS for super 8) (16FPS for regular 8) should have a running time of 30-40 minutes and so would take at least twice that much time to transfer. The 200 is expensive for someone with Tv Camera stuck to an old projector, and cheap for someone using a pro movie scanner.

Do a search for "super 8 transfer" on the web and you will soon find the enormous differences in what is offered. Note that if you will be wantig to do anything with the transfer other than a viewing on a DVD player, you should be having it transfered to a format that can be edited, and then having a DVD made from that.

Finaly please guard the old film, as it will probaly be useable long after the DVD had suffered fatal Bit-rot.