Setup for small new HD Camcorder Workflow

Mark B Anstendig

We now have a new Conon HV20 HD camcorder for just shooting around the house and neighborhood.

We use Apple Mac computers. Rather than use the Camcorder for playing back stuff, I would like to have a great/good HD film player (and probably backwards compatible for other formats, too) to hook up to the computer for that purpose.

Also some recommendations for good, easy to learn software and whatever else one might consider worthwhile to make the work with Video pleasurable. We are starting from scratch and not doing anything pro-level.

Mark

I would like to initroduce to use with Final Cut PRO ver 5.2 or Later .....and use firwire400 or 800 cable for link the Data from HDV Tape to your Mac OS......then you will have HD Data in your Mac OS HDD

dullataj@hotmail.com

Yoi Camera Corner Thailand

• 4 months later...

I am not that far.

I am still at the problem of finding an HD tape reader to use for importing the tape into my Mac OS, instead of using the camera itself.

Does anyone know of such a device? One at a reasonable price? So far, buying a second HD Videocamera would seem to be the cheapest way to go.

Thanks

Mark

Make sure you understand how to deal with 24f (or 24p).

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306389

I just bought a Canon HF10 and it wasn't obvious what was going on.

Markus