Prime options....

Rachel Oliver

Hi;

I've been shooting a long short for a director or rather a "fine artist using the medium of film";) in Spain on and off for a while. Weve been using my S16 Bolex RX5 and Kern primes with Kodak 7245 to create long timelapses around the Spanish mountains and also some 24fps dramatic sequences in a mountain Villa. She is now interested in shooting some interviews with the English Tourists and Villa buyers and the Spanish mountain farmers on a DV camera. Its up to me to choose the cam but budget is tight as it is so were looking at the XL2. We need it to cut together with the S16 (Posted to Digibeta and staying there) quite seemlesly.

Can I use the very same Kern Switar Primes via an adapter of some sort? (Not the PS technik!) but a simple steel job, maybe a Bolex bayonet to PL? I'm sure the CCD's will change the frame in some way but at least it will be the same glass, will they fit and cover? plus has anyone ever tried to emulate Kodak 7245 with these cams, any tips? Also should I shoot 25p in order to match telecined 16 or interlaced?

Thanks alot,

Olly