Ratheesh Ravindran

Brokeback Mountain

Hi,

Can anybody please tell what stocks Rodrigo Prieto used on Brokeback...?Those exterior shots looked amazing with wonderful contrast and color saturation irrespective of the DI they have done.Couldnt get hold of the old AC issue...somebody please throw some light on this...

Hi,

Can anybody please tell what stocks Rodrigo Prieto used on Brokeback...?Those exterior shots looked amazing with wonderful contrast and color saturation irrespective of the DI they have done.Couldnt get hold of the old AC issue...somebody please throw some light on this...

Maybe Rodrigo himself will post... but according to the Jan. 2006 issue of AC, there was no D.I. done.

It was shot in standard 35mm 1.85 using Cooke S4 lenses. The "happy" mountain day scenes were shot on EXR 50D (5245), other day work was shot on Vision 250D (5246). Night work was shot on Vision-2 500T (5218) except the night work in Texas was shot on Vision 500T (5279).

Maybe Rodrigo himself will post... but according to the Jan. 2006 issue of AC, there was no D.I. done.

It was shot in standard 35mm 1.85 using Cooke S4 lenses. The "happy" mountain day scenes were shot on EXR 50D (5245), other day work was shot on Vision 250D (5246). Night work was shot on Vision-2 500T (5218) except the night work in Texas was shot on Vision 500T (5279).

Thanks a lot David...those night sequences were awesome...! I was wondering whether he might have shot it day for night and done some corrections in DI.Its fantastic...and so surprised to know there was no DI...cool...

Thanks a lot David...those night sequences were awesome...! I was wondering whether he might have shot it day for night and done some corrections in DI.Its fantastic...and so surprised to know there was no DI...cool...

There was a little dusk/overcast day-for-night work. There was no D.I. but some of those wide shots were digitally altered because they added digital flocks of sheep to them, so they might have tweaked the night sky, etc. at the same time.